How can I clean my child restraint seat cover?
Each child restraint seat has a flame retardant cover which can be removed for cleaning. Cleaning instructions are on the care label attached to the cover. All child restraint seat covers are machine washable (gentle cycle), cold water only, rinse well, dry on flat surface, do not tumble dry, bleach or dry-clean.
How can I clean my Harness Buckle?
If sticky liquids such as baby formula, fruit juice, etc. get inside your Harness Buckle, it may become sluggish. An indication of a sluggish Harness Buckle is that you cannot hear a click when engaging the Harness Tongues. To restore the Harness Buckle to good working order follow the details in your instruction manual.
- From the underside of the restraint pull each crotch 3-bar slide then turn 3-bar slide and push through each slot to remove the Harness Buckle from the restraint.
- Place the Harness Buckle under warm (max. 40 degrees Celsius) running water. Let the water run through the mouth of the buckle for five minutes.
- Engage and disengage the Harness Tongues and Buckles several times until a strong audible click is heard when inserting the last tongue.
- If you still cannot hear a strong audible click after engaging the Harness Tongues and Buckle, then repeat cleaning several times. If the Harness Buckle cannot be returned to its original working condition then contact Britax Customer Support Team.
- Refit the harness buckle to the restraint with the red button facing out and feeding each 3-bar slide through appropriate slot.
Can I wash the straps/harness to my car seats?
We would only recommend that you spot clean the harness with a damp sponge. The harness straps can be soaked however they must be dried thoroughly without excessive heat (do not tumble dry). The harness straps should not be place in a washing machine as this may cause damaged to the stitching, etc or damage your washing machine. There are combination of washer/dryer and this could be dangerous.