Does Your Child Pass The 5 Step Test?
Is your child ready to graduate out of a booster seat?
Did You Know?... Height is the most important factor in choosing the right car seat.
Did You Also Know?... Cars are designed for average sized adults NOT children so your child must be a minimum of 145cm before they can safely move out of a booster and into an adult back seat in a vehicle.
Children are often moved into an adult seat belt way too early. Like babies and toddlers, older children are also at risk of serious injury in the event of an accident. Adult seat belts are designed for a minimum height of 145cm but their height is not the only indicator, you should also consider how they sit in the seat.
We recommend that you only consider moving your child out of their booster seat once they have passed the ‘5 Step Test’. Here is what to look for:
- Can your child sit with their back against the vehicle seat?
- Do your child's knees behind in front of the edge of the seat cushion?
- Is the lap belt sitting low across your child's hips and touching their thighs?
- Does the sash belt sit across the middle of your child's shoulder?
- Can your child stay seated correctly like this for the entire trip without slumping?
Britax – keeping the adults of tomorrow safe-n-sound today!